Buy, Sell, & Rent Timeshare Condos

_A reader has submitted a new timeshare scam alert alleging that a company calling itself Tribal Events and Services is perpetrating a version of the Mexican timeshare tax scheme and attempting to collect fake closing costs and government taxes from timeshare owners.

"...They asked me and my wife to send money to Mexico for a so called Transfer fee. First of all The secretaria of Turisim main office is in Guadalajara and they wanted me to send money to Puerto Vallarta, first red flag. 2nd Red flag I asked them for their company Lic.# They couldnt provide me with one. 3rd red flag I sent a buddy of mine to their location [and] they don't exist. My wife insisted we send them the 10% it was only $1100 dollars needless to say, they later asked for more money, we contacted the secretaria of turisim, the money [we paid] never made it there. It turned out to be a huge scam.. TORRENZA OWNERS BEWARE TRIBAL IS A SCAM!!!..."

If you believe that you have been a victim of online fraud perpetrated by this company, please take the time to report to the crime to the Federal Bureau of Investigation by clicking HERE

Comments

12/02/2011 12:49pm

We have received several calls from Tribal Events & Services offering to buy our timeshare in Puerto Vallerta for $42,900 USD which they will send out as soon as we verify ownership. Thereafter, we are to send them 8% commission. Should we contact the FBI and try to catch them in the act or just put our another warning?

12/02/2011 3:00pm

Thank you for posting this alert. TODAY, I got a call from this same company asking for 8% commission and offering to buy my timeshare for $31,000, even though I'm selling it for only $5,000. I reported my experience to IC3!

K Schmitz
12/03/2011 8:14am

We were also approached by this company and their financial holding company Cambell and Klein. We had our lawyer look at the contract from Tribal events and he found your comment. I went along with them until the asked for $6890.oo to be wired to Mexico. I told them I was going to call my timeshare company and they asked me not do because that would hold up the process. While I was talking to them I checked their addresses on google map and found vancant lots, then put the addresses in the US post office web site and they came up unknown. I also tried to find their business lisence and it was nowhere to be found on the IL state web site. When I informed them of this they acted put out. The next day when I talked to my timeshare company they said the transfer fee to sell our timeshare was $250 and was set to a US address.

12/05/2011 6:33pm

Tribal events is a Big Scam. I dont even own a timeshare in Puerta Vallarta and they called me about it. Then I told them that I own one in Merida and they were trying to tell me that a corporation wants to buy 50 timeshares. These are young sales scammers and some dont even speak good English. I have received several calls from a 217 area code and each time I tell them to take my name off their list. They are desparate. I was offered 23K for a timeshare worth about 3K. what a joke. Please beware. thx

Barb
12/05/2011 7:37pm

Thank you for your comments. I have also been contacted and the offer did not ring true. Could not verify anything about them They now have a fairly believable web page but their address is a vacant lot. I found this alert by chance. Thanks again for taking the time to post!

R Young
12/06/2011 11:54am

I have been approached by Tribal Event services and Campbell and Klein financial holdings. I foolishly wired $3200.00 to an account in Guadalajara. Today they are asking me to pay 16% + 3% taxes to the Mexican Government before the deal can be closed. Needless to say that won't be happening. They tell me the dela will be closing on the 12th of December.

DC50
12/06/2011 3:48pm

I was called by Tribal Events and Services and offerred $42,900.00 and I would be required to give them 8% commission. When they told me trhe would send me an e-mail with the details and all I had to do was "provide proof of ownership and make my mark", I told them to pack sand...

Harley Riggins
12/07/2011 12:06pm

Tribal Events working with Cambell & Klien Financial Holdings. Are tryoing to pull the same scame on my wife and I. They wanted 3250usd for transfer fees. Thank you for this information. You have saved me money.

Harley

A. Barraza
12/07/2011 1:36pm

I got the same call as you all did. I was offered 23500.00 and 8%commission fee paid to them 5 days after I get paid. Do I need to report this and to who?

Barb
12/07/2011 1:39pm

I am wondering if all of the above people were asked for upfront money. When TES contacted us, they made sure to emphasize the 8% commission was to be paid after we received our money. Any advice? Funny that the amount offered for our timeshare was the same amount offered to the person above, $31,000!

Harold Barrios
12/07/2011 3:02pm

I receive a similar call from this company Tribal Alert Services offering $42,000 dollars for my timeshare.
I talked with somebody called Mike Padilla, and also another man called Rick Marquez.
Mister Padilla hung up on me whe I started to ask questions.

12/08/2011 9:15am

We also have received the same phone call from Tribal. Red flags were flying with the amt of 31,900 offered -- over and over I asked if there was a "processing fee" that i did not want to continue if there were fees required up front -- until they emailed me a contract those fees were not indulged till the end -- thank you for these posts I did consider briefly doing this-- certainly be aware of scammers

Larry
12/08/2011 1:30pm

We received a too generous to believe offer from these people today. Thank you for the warnings. You saved us from a big headache.

Douglas Satterfield
12/09/2011 8:51am

I was called by this company, Tribal Alert Services, and offered $31,900 for my Puerto Vallarta timeshare and that I would not have to pay any upfront fees until I got my money and only then would I be asked to pay an 8% commission. That was yesterday, I got a call back from them today with much pressure to get the signed document to them quickly. The whole offer sounded way too good to be true and so I googled the company name with the word fraud and was sent here where I read about some many other getting the same offer and that they eventually really do ask for upfront fees before you get any money. A scam!!

Garnet G.
12/09/2011 6:17pm

Wow, Tribal Events & Services is the fifth "company" that has contacted me in the past 12 months about buying my timeshare. The first one had me interested until I checked with ScotiaBank to confirm that there was no such employee and no such escrow account holding the funds for the transfer! By the blog, it sounds like Tribal is running the identical scheme! Don't pay us anything until after you have your payment, but send money to the Mexican government - and our agent will facilitate! I can't find any confirmation that Tribal Events is a registered company. The BBB lists the phone number as "disconnected", and has no rating for them. I guess I'll have fun playing their game - and wasting their time while they try and convince me that they are legit!

debbie goltz
12/10/2011 2:02am

I also just received a call from this company. Because we have had a similar situation from another company for which I had gone to my lawyer and the owners of the company became outraged and hung up. I just received a call on 12/8/11 and am glad I look up on it.

Kimberley L
12/10/2011 10:10am

I have been called by Tribal as well. Joshua Lemo and also by Campbell Klein
But they offered me 54,500 USD for our time share.
This is the best thing going and whoever started this to save timeshare owners should be very proud.
These scammers need to go to jail for fraud. Let's catch them report them

John Hil
12/12/2011 9:03am

Same thing for me, they want to buy ours for $23,500, and now All City Management, another scammer, is calling offering $17,000.
What do they say about something sounding too good to be true.....!

Daniel L.
12/12/2011 9:20am

Amazing! They offerd me the same amount as DC-50 and sent me an email too dec 8. I was looking on the Web for informations concerning tribal event services Decatur Il. and I feel so lucky to read this page of comments.

Sandy M
12/12/2011 12:20pm

I just got a call today 12/11/11 at about 11:15 Am offering me 23,900 for my timeshare in Puerto Vallarto and telling me that once I get the money to send them 8%commission I only paid 3,000 for this sounded too good to be true Thanks for al lyour comments I was going to try making some calls but know do not need to.

Mary Ann L.,
12/12/2011 1:19pm

Wow I cant beleive they are a scam!! Ive been working with them and my close date is actually next week..I do have to mention that I was a bit concerned when they said I had to pay some trnasfer fee, and the taxes but evrything is running smoothly, and then two of my close friends have worked with them before and they got paid without any problem..Should I keep going with this?

Brenda F
12/13/2011 11:42am

I got a call today with the same experience as those who have posted before me. A crazy offer, 8% commission, no money upfront... They wanted my paperwork today or tomorrow and when I said I would choose when to get back to them, they said goodbye abruptly and hung up. Thank you for all your posts and making it so obvious that this is a scam.

wayde
12/13/2011 3:31pm

I was called today and offered $54,700 less an 8% closing/selling fee. For a moment I thought there really was a Santa Claus, but it sounded to good to be true and it was. Thanks for all your comments on this site. Saved us alot of headaches.

Rick
12/16/2011 10:59pm

I recieved a call and email today offering $28,000 for my Mexican time share. The address for Tribal Events and Services appears via satellite map to be the Decatur, Illinois central park. Sounds like scam and looks like scam. Here is the map link http://maps.yahoo.com/#q=281+N+Franklin+St%2C+Decatur%2C+IL++62523-1349&conf=1&start=1&lat=39.842819&lon=-88.953201&zoom=15&mvt=m&trf=0

Karen K.
12/16/2011 11:46pm

My husband received a similar call from this company, offering to pay $10k more than the value of what we paid originally for the timeshare. Fortunately, our daughter, being a PRIVATE DETECTIVE immediately looked into it and IMMEDIATELY told us that it was a scam. We also spoke to our private banker and she also was well aware of it, so the more that know about this scam the better, so more INNOCENT PEOPLE are not sucked in

Claudette
12/19/2011 10:35am

We received a call then an email letter offering us $38,900 for our timeshare in Nuevo Vallarta - all we had to do was sign the letter which had a statement "T.E.S will charge the seller an 8% commission AFTER the seller has received the full proceeds of their sale."

Luckily I decided to google them and saw everyone's comments. Thank you all!

We will not be dealing with them.

Janet
12/19/2011 2:35pm

I am about to pay the taxes on a timeshare in Mexico to sell it. I would love to know if Mary Ann L. got her money at the closing date? These people sound reputable, but I don't want to get scammed. Has anyone working with Tribal Events and Cambell and Klein gotten paid by them for selling their timeshares in Mexico? Please post.

Charles
12/19/2011 7:37pm

I was contacted and they wanted me to send $11,000.00 for processing fees. They also wanted 8% after I received my sale price. I was offered $88,500.00 for my timeshare in Mexico.
Thanks everyone for your comments. I have some extra cash for MY Christmas!!

Christie
12/20/2011 11:18am

I have received the same call; offering me #42,900 for our timeshare which was $10,000 more than asking price), very interesting; thanks for posting all of this info so we could look at everything.
I thought the same thing; what a great Christmas present. As always, too good to be true---feel like such a stupido---I should know by now that these are all a bunch of scammers!!! -

Judy
12/20/2011 11:46am

I would be interested to hear comments from people who have made the deal with this company and received what was promised.

Nici Rubio
12/20/2011 4:48pm

same 31000 offered to me it's a scam my timeshare is resented for no matinence fees at rancho banderas or fees went up 100 percent and I refused to pay it's in the contract no more than 15 percent . My time share was paid in full!!!

lorena
12/21/2011 6:41pm

i also was offered 42,900 us$ with A 8% commission after sell was completed. Idid get the fax but did not respond. after reading all these hits i am going to sent a copyof my fax to the attorney general of north carolina. thankks for your info.

Colleen
12/22/2011 3:32pm

I was called and offered 23,500 too. then they somehow got my work number? They have called several times but I did not respond.

George
12/27/2011 10:26am

My Wife got a call about the same thing and i have received an email with a proposal. i have been burned twice before, not this time. thank you for providing this feedback to everyone to know

Nancy
12/27/2011 10:36am

I was contacted by Tribal Events & Services offering me $39,000 for a time share I paid only $4,000 for. (Oh MY).

Several years ago Interval Property Mgt., (497-644-6787) scammed us out of $750---saying they were going to sell the property for us. When this outfit called, I played along. I made them jump through the hoops. There is no way I am doing business with these folks, but I am screwing this dude out of the "commission" he says he works for. How in the heck do they think anyone with any sense will expect to be paid $35,000 more for a property than was paid for.

Yes, I would very much like to sell my 'every-other-year' timeshare, but for a extremely reasonable price to a private party!

Petreana
12/27/2011 1:38pm

I just received a call and the proposal for the resale of a timeshare from Tribal Event Services. I paid $5,000 for the unit. They offered me $20,500. I am so glad I googled this company. It sounds as though they are trying very aggressively to steal money from people. I am trying to figure out how they got my cell number. This is information I never gave out to the timeshare company. I would love to know who to report this craziness to.

Lori
12/28/2011 5:10pm

I am right in there with the rest of these posts. Got the same offer as many have indicated. I got 2 calls, and the fax showing all I had to sign. They have offered me WAY more than what I paid for my unit. In fact, when they called the first time, and asked me questions about my unit, I made them tell me what type of unit I had, where and soforth. I will let them keep trying! I guess that keeps them employed, but I am hanging on to my timeshare! I will be happy to string them along! What goes around comes around!

Mary Ann L.
12/29/2011 7:07am

Wow still cant believe you are all saying that...I am shocked! I was told I was going to get paid on the 19th od December but fir some reason I did not get paid until the 23rd. I was a bit concerned and began to worry, but at the end I was so happy to get my money. for a minute I though I had gotten scammed for over 12k but at the end I did recieve what I was told.

Mark
12/29/2011 1:08pm

Mary Ann L. are you real and what where the specific's? How much did you get paid and how much did you send them? My experence is when you sell something you don't pay anything until you receive your money. Happy New Year to all and if it sounds to good to be true its not true. :)

Delbert Lunders
12/29/2011 1:41pm

Same scam from Primier Solutions and First American Services. I think the scammers post on these sites saying they got paid.

Janis
12/30/2011 5:06pm

Same story here. Offered 31,900 but they had our unit type wrong so increased it to 38,900. They want to send a 3 page resale contract to be signed and faxed back. They haven't asked for any $$ upfront (yet) but the "holding company" did say something about a transfer fee....I've got a hinky feeling....

01/03/2012 3:29pm

We fell for the scam and would now like to know who to turn these people in too. Has any one got any money back from Cambell and Klein.

Karen L
01/05/2012 9:01am

I have been reading all the comments as I received numerous calls from Tribal Events. I have all the contract information and even after I told them I knew they were a scam, they are still calling me and offering to pay 60% of the closing costs!! I told him to pay all of it and I would consider.

Kevin
01/11/2012 2:53pm

My wife and I actually fell for the scam and paid them $8,150.00 What a joke. We are now working with the FBI to catch these worthless people who can't get a real job and have to screw hard working people out of their money... Sad to say that they will probably get away with it....

Adelaida
01/17/2012 1:08pm

My husband and I have just been scam by Cambell Klein Financial Holdings in the amount of $7,902.00. After numerous calls, just today we find out they are missing in action. Who do we notify this situacion to? Pls advise.

Janet
02/13/2012 10:26am

I did get scammed by Tribal Events and Services and Cambell and Klein. After paying $1590 for transfer fees they wanted more money for taxes and I pulled out at that point and they assured me that I would be given a full refund. Now they are unavailable by phone and of course I haven't gotten my money back. Beware!

Joanne
02/06/2013 8:29pm

Thank you for your comments! I was called by Dorado Property Management working with Sterling LLC escrow for my timeshare deal - the names have been changed but I suspect it is the same scam!! These people are ridiculous

Your comment will be posted after it is approved.